On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 15:02 +0200, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> hi,
>
> recently it was brought to my attendtion that isp-dhcpd version 4.2
> supports getting its database information from ldap. Earlier versions
> support it as well with a patch.
>
> It would be awesome if this could be integrated in IPA.
>
> I am aware you guys have your hands full with plenty of stuff, but if
> this could get integrated IPA would be even further than AD (that as
> far as I know cannot do this).

Natxo, would you be interested in contributing this functionality? If
you are familiar with Python, an excellent primer on FreeIPA development
can be found at http://abbra.fedorapeople.org/guide.html

The core FreeIPA team has a lot on their plate right now, so any major
new features like this would probably need to be contributed from wider
community or else deferred until the current crop of functionality is
complete.

We'd be happy to help you along if you (or anyone else on this mailing
list) wants to take this feature on.