In fact, Netapp is (sadly to say) the only NFSv4 server in the whole world
that can provide you with a true NFSv4 ACLs (remember to turn them on
using options nfs.v4.acl = on).
The nasty hack Rob mentioned will only provide you with POSIX Acls mapped
to the NFSv4 acls - which will consequently cripple down the whole ACLs
the NFS server is providing.

So if you want a nice, fully fledged NFSv4 ACLs, go to Netapp or Solaris
based NFSv4 server. Forget about Linux.

Ondrej

> Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> I followed the instructions here
>> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Identity_Management_Guide/kerb-nfs.html
>> and they worked flawlessly.
>>
>> Is it possible to use acls on nfs4 with a rhel 6 nfs server? if that is
>> not possible, is it possible to use a netapp file as nfs4 server with
>> acl support for rhel 6 clients?
>
> Here is documentation about RHEL 6 and NFS ACLs. I don't know if it
> works with netapp:
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/ch-acls.html
>
> rob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communicati...@s3group.com.
Thank You.
Silicon and Software Systems Limited. Registered in Ireland no. 378073.
Registered Office: South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18