Hi All,

I'd like to get some opinions on using the DNS component of freeIPA to manage dns zones not necessarily associated with the freeIPA realm.

My thinking is to use it as a hidden master to a pre-existing group of authoritative systems, so one thing I'm curious about is is there a theoretical (or real) limit on the number of zones it can handle? Is there a limit to the number of records in a zone? I would think that this may depend on the performance of the 389 directory service.

Is it possible to import existing zones? Would this be possible with zone transfers or would we have to convert the zone files to an LDIF?

Thanks in advance.

Josh Becigneul