george he wrote:
Hello all,

When I do "yum install -y freeipa-server" on a newly installed FC17
system, I get a lot of errors like this:

/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/etc/pki-tks*) failed:  No such file or directory
/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/etc/pki-tps*) failed:  No such file or directory
/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/etc/sysconfig/pki/ca*) failed:  No such file
or directory
/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/etc/sysconfig/pki/kra*) failed:  No such file
or directory
.
.
.
/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/usr/bin/dtomcat5-pki-tks) failed:  No such
file or directory
/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/var/lib/pki-ca*) failed:  No such file or
directory
.
.
.
/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/var/lib/ipa/ca_serialno) failed:  No such file
or directory
/sbin/restorecon:  lstat(/var/lib/pki-ca/publish*) failed:  No such file
or directory

It seems to me these missing files are supposed to be installed by this
yum install command.
With these errors, can I still go ahead and set up the ipa-server?

Thanks,
George

Where are you seeing these logged? Some of those files/directories don't exist yet, they are created by the install. It should be safe to proceed.