I think I do have it configured already:
=====
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: aes256-cts:normal
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: aes256-cts:special
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: aes128-cts:normal
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: aes128-cts:special
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: des3-hmac-sha1:normal
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: des3-hmac-sha1:special
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: arcfour-hmac:normal
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: arcfour-hmac:special
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: des-hmac-sha1:normal
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: des-cbc-md5:normal
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: des-cbc-crc:normal
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: des-cbc-crc:v4
krbSupportedEncSaltTypes: des-cbc-crc:afs3
krbDefaultEncSaltTypes: aes256-cts:special
krbDefaultEncSaltTypes: aes128-cts:special
krbDefaultEncSaltTypes: des3-hmac-sha1:special
krbDefaultEncSaltTypes: arcfour-hmac:special
=====

As I mentioned, I can create keytabs with des-cbc-crc:normal and
des-cbc-crc:afs3,
but not with des-cbc-crc:v4, which is what OpenAFS uses.

Qing