On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Stephen Ingram wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Steven Jones <steven.jo...@vuw.ac.nz>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I had huge memory issues pre 6.3, now its low and flat....Sounds like you
>>> have an issue somewhere. My normal cpu use is a few hundred mhz....but when
>>> "something" goes wrong such as replication failing that climbs...ditto
>>> memory use....
>>

>> Yes, I saw your conversation with Rich on this list about that. And,
>> yes, 6.2 (2.1.3) was bad for me too. I'm not sure why 2.2.0 is still
>> having issues. It was an upgrade from 2.1.3, but the upgrade seemed to
>> complete without issue. I'm also not even doing replication yet so I'm
>> not sure why memory is so high. Web interface is much slower too so
>> perhaps something else is wrong.
>

> Can you tell where it is being slow? Does it seem related to retrieving data
> from LDAP?

I'm not really sure yet what is causing the slowness. I have the same
number of directory entries as before the upgrade. It was very quick
with 2.1.3, but once I upgraded, I felt like I was back to the pre-2.0
days--without a doubt much, much slower.

> You might check your 389-ds access logs and look for searches with notes=U.
> Perhaps you are missing an index.

Yes there are lots of notes=U. What does this mean? Was something
missed in the upgrade script?

Steve