On 07/16/2012 10:19 AM, Stephen Ingram wrote:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:14 AM, Rob Crittenden<rcrit...@redhat.com>  wrote:
Stephen Ingram wrote:
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Steven Jones<steven.jo...@vuw.ac.nz>
wrote:
Hi,

I had huge memory issues pre 6.3, now its low and flat....Sounds like you
have an issue somewhere. My normal cpu use is a few hundred mhz....but when
"something" goes wrong such as replication failing that climbs...ditto
memory use....

Yes, I saw your conversation with Rich on this list about that. And,
yes, 6.2 (2.1.3) was bad for me too. I'm not sure why 2.2.0 is still
having issues. It was an upgrade from 2.1.3, but the upgrade seemed to
complete without issue. I'm also not even doing replication yet so I'm
not sure why memory is so high. Web interface is much slower too so
perhaps something else is wrong.

Can you tell where it is being slow? Does it seem related to retrieving data
from LDAP?
I'm not really sure yet what is causing the slowness. I have the same
number of directory entries as before the upgrade. It was very quick
with 2.1.3, but once I upgraded, I felt like I was back to the pre-2.0
days--without a doubt much, much slower.

You might check your 389-ds access logs and look for searches with notes=U.
Perhaps you are missing an index.
Yes there are lots of notes=U. What does this mean? Was something
missed in the upgrade script?
Try running logconv.pl

Steve