Hi Stephen and Dmitri:

Thank you for the sshd GSSAPI configuration suggestion. I tried it this
morning but it didn't work. That particular user is still not able to
login. What is even more interesting is that I created a user with the
identical setup and the new user worked (i.e., they were able to ssh in
remotely).

I am really confused by this because it does not appear to be a global
setup issue like ssh. It may be some sort of HBAC rule violation or
something else equally strange. I just can't figure it out.

Can you suggest any other ways to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Joe