> As Rob says, I think we should take a look at SSSD and system logs.

> Can you paste or attach the couple of lines that are appended to
/var/log/secure during

> the login attempt? That should give us a clue on whether the SSSD PAM
modules are contacted.

> Can you also add "debug_level = 8" to the [pam] and [domain/$name]
sections of the SSSD,

> restart the SSSD and paste or attach /var/log/sssd/sssd_pam.log and
/var/log/sssd/sssd_$name.log ?

> Feel free to sanitize the logs before sending them out.

Thank you. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the problem so I am
not sure that this is a good use of your time. If I find that I can
reproduce it, I will capture the logs and send them on.

Does that make sense?

Thank you for your suggestions and help.

Regards,

Joe