On 07/27/2012 03:28 PM, John Dennis wrote:
On 07/27/2012 02:06 AM, Dan Scott wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but Firefox preserves session
cookies across browser restarts. This was discussed on the Security
Now! podcast recently:

http://www.grc.com/sn/sn-360.htm

Search for 'sessionstore' and read a little before and after.

Are session cookies relevant for kerberos authentication?

It's only tangentially relevant. IPA does use session cookies. IPA logout
destroys the session on the server making the session cookie stored in the
browser invalid.

However, SSO (Single Sign-On) continues to work as it's supposed to. As long
as you have valid credentials in your kerberos cache you'll be automatically
logged in (albeit with a brand new session and session cookie). All this is by
design.

You can logout of IPA which destroys your session, but unless you also destroy
your credentials the automatic SSO process will be applied the next time you
visit the web UI.

Would it be possible to add "login as another user" functionality? I mean "destroy session && ignore any Kerberos tickets && start form-based auth"?

IMHO it could be handy, at least for demonstration purposes.

Petr^2 Spacek