Hi Simo,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes the IPA server has been updated from 2.1 to 2.2. Prior to the update,
DNS zones could be created  without any issues.

I have also noticed that the command  'ipa ping' is displaying the
incorrect IPA server version (IPA server version 2.1.90.rc1. API version
2.34) when infact the IPA server version 2.2.x should be displayed.

Regards,

Robert..