Hi Sara,

DNS does not influence ipa-client-install, if that command fails it
means the host is registered in the ipa server as a member of the domain
and the correct command to remove it should be ipa host-del.

The (Invalid credential) error is odd though. On what machine are you
running ipa host-del and with what user credentials ?

Simo.