The libvirt range of tools works very well with KVM, and with
virt-manager, they are easy to setup on the desktop or from a remote
desktop.  QEMU-KVM suports the QCOW2 and LVM storage back-ends, both of
which have snapshot capabilities, and the virsh tool makes it easy and
scriptable.  They are all licensed under the GPL or LGPL.
http://libvirt.org  http;//linux-kvm.org http://qemu.org

If you're using a Red Hat-based distribution, installing them should be
as easy as "yum install libvirtd virt-manager qemu-kvm" or similar.

-----
*question everything*learn something*answer nothing*
Lucas Yamanishi
Systems Administrator, ADNET Systems, Inc.
NASA Space and Earth Science Data Analysis (606.9)
7515 Mission Drive, Suite A100
Lanham, MD 20706 * 301-352-4646 * 0xE23F3D7A