On 08/29/2012 11:57 AM, John Dennis wrote:
Thanks for the contribution Chris!

Just as an aside if you know Python you can call the IPA commands
directly and use Python to extract and reformat the data, it might be a
lot simpler than doing the bash/awk dance.

I agree that using bash/sed/awk is a bit clunky. I actually did stumble on the python stuff by accident, but wasn't able to find much reference / examples for how to use it. At the time I just needed something quick to toss-together. Maybe the python docs/examples are different today, any links handy?

--
Chris Evich, RHCA, RHCE, RHCDS, RHCSS
Quality Assurance Engineer