Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
Hi all

First, I am not using FreeIPA, just 389 Directory Server; we have a
large installation and we can not (now) migrate the entire service.
But I would like to use free ipa-pwd-extop plugin to auto-generate the
Samba equivalent passwords (not Kerberos). Is the plugin ready to be
deployed in a non-IPA installation? Is there any documentation about
how to compile and configure it (plugin arguments in the
cn=ipapwd-extop,cn=pluins,cn=config)?

We are using 389DS 1.2.5 in CentOS 5.5 i386.

Regards and thanks in advance.

AFAIK we've never tried building the plugin outside our source tree.

The kerberos code is fairly well embedded. Extracting that would be a bit of a challenge, though it may also mean you could exclude the files from the top-level util subdir.

The configuration for the plugin can be found with the source in pwd-extop-conf.ldif.

I think this it would take a lot of effort to get this workout outside of IPA and Kerberos.