Hi List

I just recently deployed FreeIPA 2.2 on a CentOS 6 box.  Everything went
very smooth until I got to the issue of Samba integeration.

What I want to accomplish is a "dumb" Windows file sharing server,
without domain logons or anything.  I just want Windows (and Linux)
users to be able to map a share using the user name and password they
have in the FreeIPA database.  The windows clients do not have kerberos
and are not authenticated against the FreeIPA server.

I gathered some ideas from
http://techslaves.org/2011/08/24/freeipa-and-samba-3-integration/

 and

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/FreeIPA_Guide/cifs.html

neither of which work to 100% or go into the smb.conf part of the setup.

Are there any other HowTos on this that I may have missed?  Does anyone
have a working configuration similar to this?

Regards,
David Björkevik