Thank you everyone.  We finally had our meeting today (it was delayed
from Tuesday.)  It went much better than I was expecting.  Regardless
of the email that said "we can't authenticate to anything but MS AD,"
apparently his *actual* concern was having a third party tie-in to
Active Directory that would keep them from applying patches to AD.
Pretty much all I had to say was "good news, everyone!  We don't need
AD!"  It pissed off the Windows Director who was in the room and was
pushing for us to auth directly against AD, but the veep who had the
initial problem was satiated.

All is right with the world again.  Or at least my tiny piece of it.
Until tomorrow.

Thanks again,

--Jason

--
The government is going to read our mail anyway, might as well make it
tough for them.  GPG Public key ID:  B6A1A7C6