What nfs version are you using? And if 4, do you use kerberos?

We are using mostly nfs 3 still, and those nfs mounts just reconnect by themselves up to a few minutes after the nfs server is back online.

Regards,
Siggi

On 09/12/2012 10:44 PM, george he wrote:
I think it's about half an hour.
Any ideas about the authentication failsure thing?
Thanks,
George

    *From:* Sigbjorn Lie <sigbj...@nixtra.com>
    *To:* freeipa-users@redhat.com
    *Sent:* Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:53 PM
    *Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] Stale NFS file handle

    On 09/12/2012 08:26 PM, george he wrote:
    Hello,
    My ipa server and my nfs server are the same machine running
    centos 6.3.
    The server was accidentally down and rebooted.
    But then I got "authentication failsure" on some clients when
    tried to log on through gdm, and blue screen (no desktop, no
    panels) on some others.
    On some clients that I was on before the server was downthe, I
    got "Stale NFS file handle".
    Yet on some other clients, everything is fine. All clients are
    running centos 6.3, too.
    Is there a way (e.g. restarting some services) to get the above
    problems away instead of rebooting the clients?
    Thanks,
    George

    Just wait and it reconnects a while after the nfs server becomes
    available again.

    How long have you waited before rebooting?

    Regards,
    Siggi