Hello Everyone,

I work at a small university and I deployed freeIPA on my Linux network over
the summer break with no (known) problems,  and everything worked as expected.
However, now that the semester has started and the Linux system is under a much
higher load, I am noticing that my client machines will randomly slow to a
crawl.  For example, I have a lab of 25 machines.  The students can log in ok,
but after a time, a few of the machines will freeze so that the users on those
machines cannot do anything.  After a few minutes, the frozen machines will
unfreeze, but other machines will freeze up.  I can't see any pattern to what
machines freeze up.  I did not have this problem when running NIS, so I suspect
it is something in freeIPA but I am not sure what to look for to solve the
problem.  Probably a setting somewhere needs tweaked but I don't know.  The
server and clients all run Scientific Linux 6.2.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Dave

David Fitzgerald