Sigbjorn Lie wrote:

On Thu, September 13, 2012 16:46, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Ondrej Valousek wrote:

Sorry, the parameter mentioned below has already been implemented :-)

He wants to be able to share a common set of maps between locations
rather than having to duplicate them across each location.

We're limited by the LDAP clients at this point because they just query
a basedn and can't really do anything complex.

Using a virtual view is one of the options we've considered, but
honestly we haven't spent a lot of time looking into this yet. The problem with
trying to virtually
add things to a location is it could get very complex very quickly and either
hamper performance,
debugging, or both very quickly.

I see. Is using virtual views in 389-ds considered slow? I suppose it depends
some on how complex
the filters behind the view is written...

Nothing is free but I'm not sure how much overhead comes with views.

We'd be doing this on-the-fly combining any number of different maps into potentially multiple locations. It could be very complex and this makes my spider sense is tingle.