On 09/17/2012 10:32 PM, Steven Jones wrote:
If anyone has MAC instructions' I'd love a copy pls.

As usual, we can create account on freeipa.org wiki if anybody is interested in creating a how-to. That is the best place to share.

Let us know!

Petr^2 Spacek

*From:* freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com [freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] on
behalf of Dmitri Pal [d...@redhat.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, 18 September 2012 6:47 a.m.
*To:* george he
*Cc:* freeipa-users@redhat.com
*Subject:* Re: [Freeipa-users] NFS on Mac

On 09/17/2012 02:21 PM, george he wrote:
sounds to me the link may work for nfs version 3 only.
Now with IPA and NFS4, there got to be something more.
George

I do not know the exact steps on mac because the is no ipa-client on Mac so
you would have to configure the machine to be an IPA client manually.
This would mean that you need to authenticate with kerberos and then make the
nfs part use the credential cache of the logged in user (if you are planning
to use it for users mounting shares). This is what needs to happen
conceptually. I know that people have done in the past but I do not think
there are instructions.

Once you manged to do it please see the presentation how to setup secure NFS
on Linux
http://rhsummit.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dickson_the_evolution_nfs_protocol.pdf
May be it will give you some hints and pointers.

The only known problem with this slide deck is that on slide 18 after kinit
admin and before ipa-getkeytab you need to add service for the NFS server
ipa service-add nfs/`hostname`@EXAMPLE

HTH