The FreeIPA team is proud to announce a bug fix release FreeIPA v2.2.1.
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads.
A build is on the way to updates-testing for Fedora 17. Fedora 15 and 16 are
not supported by FreeIPA 2.2.1 due to missing dependencies.
== Highlights in 2.2.1 ==
* New Firefox extension able to configure browser for Kerberos support. The
extension is required in Firefox 15 and later as updates to Firefox
configuration via signed code is no longer supported
* Web UI Host page fixed to work with disabled DNS
* Client SSH configuration has been fixed to use GlobalKnownHostsFile instead
of GlobalKnownHostsFile2 in as the latter has been deprecated in OpenSSH 5.9
== Upgrading ==
An IPA server can be upgraded simply by installing updated rpms. The server
does not need to be shut down in advance.
If you have multiple servers you may upgrade them one at a time. It is expected
that all servers will be upgraded in a relatively short period (days or weeks
not months). They should be able to co-exist peacefully but new features will
not be available on old servers and enrolling a new client against an old
server will result in the SSH keys not being uploaded.
Downgrading a server once upgraded is not supported.
== Feedback ==
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the freeipa-devel mailing
== Detailed Changelog since 2.2.0 ==
Endi Sukma Dewata (1):
* Fixed boot.ldif permission.
Jan Cholasta (1):
* SSH configuration fixes.
Martin Kosek (1):
* Become IPA 2.2.1
Petr Viktorin (2):
* replica-install: Don't copy Firefox config extension files if they're not in
the replica file
* Create Firefox extension on upgrade and replica-install
Petr Vobornik (8):
* Host page fixed to work with disabled DNS support
* Fix jquery error when using '??' in a pkey
* Kerberos authentication extension
* Kerberos authentication extension makefiles
* Build and installation of Kerberos authentication extension
* Configuration pages changed to use new FF extension
* Add mime type to httpd ipa.conf for xpi extension
* RPM spec fix for ffconfig.js and ffconfig_page.js
Rob Crittenden (2):
* Check for locked-out user before incrementing lastfail.
* Index the fqdn attribute.
Simo Sorce (2):
* Fix migration code password setting.
* Add support for disabling KDC writes
Freeipa-users mailing list