On 10/25/2012 03:23 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
On 10/24/2012 09:16 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Steven Jones wrote:
Hi,

How do I bind as the directory manager?  Ive tried and I cant figure
out how.

Assuming you're running on the same host as IPA:

$ ldapmodify -x -D 'cn=directory manager' -W
dn: cn=default instance config,cn=chaining database,cn=plugins,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-sizelimit
nsslapd-sizelimit: 8000

^D

I would recommend to modify user-specific settings rather that global settings.

E.g. for admin you can set "unlimited" size with following LDIF snippet:
dn: uid=admin,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=e,dc=test
changetype: modify
add: nsSizeLimit
nsSizeLimit: -1

Also other limits are enforced by 389 DS. All of them can be disabled with "-1" value:
nsIdleTimeout: -1
nsLookThroughLimit: -1
nsSizeLimit: -1
nsTimeLimit: -1

Please note different attribute names for user-specific and global-setting attributes.

Whole procedure and attribute meaning is described in

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.1/html/Administration_Guide/User_Account_Management-Setting_Resource_Limits_Based_on_the_Bind_DN.html

--
Petr^2 Spacek

And yes, that's an extra blank line after 8000.

? chaining database?  Does IPA use this?

Don't you mean dn: cn=config ?

Yes, of course I did. Sorry, this is what I get for responding too quickly.