Hi,

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 07:55:31PM +0000, Steven Jones wrote:

> One thing that has plagued me for the last 9 months is trying to fault find
> why something doesnt work when setting up or in operation. Looking at each
> section, say the passsync I think it would be useful to have a
> troubleshooting guide at the end of each piece of work.
>
> So if say passsync doesnt work, start by checking logs, a b and c....a
> successful transfer should look like this  "etc etc" Also improving the error
> messages.

Besides the documentation on freeipa.org there is also quite
something already in the Red Hat Customer Center, accessable
if you have Red Hat subscriptions.
This is not interconnected to the product documentation but
as kbase article, best to be searched using search terms in
the customer center.

cheers, Christian