On 11/01/2012 06:57 PM, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
On 11/01/12 16:47, Rich Megginson wrote:
On 11/01/2012 04:15 PM, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
Have any folks run into this:

PR_Accept() failed, Netscape Portable Runtime error -5971 (Process open
FD table is full.)

 From the dirsrv logs. It appears that this may have been what killed IPA
in total on one server for me last night. I can't turn up anything via
Google.

After a restart of all the IPA processes everything started working again.

I have looked into FD limits on the system and it doesn't seem like that
is a likely cause. Found info here:
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Performance_Tuning_Guide/system-tuning.html

This is on a RHEL 6.3 system fully updated.

Any ideas?
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Performance_Tuning_Guide/system-tuning.html#file-descriptors

Yeah thanks but to my untrained eye it doesn't exactly fit:

erinn@ipa ~ $ cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
1199770

erinn@ipa ~ $ cat /etc/security/limits.conf
dirsrv          -       nofile          8192

and,
session     required      pam_limits.so
in system-auth
Did you look at section
3.3.2. Setting Directory Server File Descriptor Values

This was all there before and yet I hit on that problem. Am I reading
things incorrectly or not understanding them, I have a very small
environment (~40 systems) and it doesn't seem like I should be having
this problem.
That does seem strange.

-Erinn