From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Erinn Looney-Triggs
Sent: den 1 november 2012 23:15
To: FreeIPAUsers
Subject: [Freeipa-users] Process open FD table is full.

Have any folks run into this:

PR_Accept() failed, Netscape Portable Runtime error -5971 (Process open FD
table is full.)

>From the dirsrv logs. It appears that this may have been what killed IPA in
>total on one server for me last night. I can't turn up anything via Google.

After a restart of all the IPA processes everything started working again.

I have looked into FD limits on the system and it doesn't seem like that is a
likely cause. Found info here:
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Performance_Tuning_Guide/system-tuning.html

This is on a RHEL 6.3 system fully updated.

Any ideas?

-Erinn