Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 11/06/2012 08:07 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Tim Hughes wrote:

I am trying to migrate from a fedora-ds-1.1.2-1.fc6 server to
ipa-server-2.2.0-16.el6.x86_64 with the following command

ipa migrate-ds ldaps://fedora-ds-server.internal --continue
--with-compat --base-dn=dc=custsvc,dc=mycompany
--user-container=ou=People,ou=custsvc,dc=co,dc=mycompany
--group-container=ou=Groups,ou=custsvc,dc=co,dc=mycompany

I get the following response.

ipa: DEBUG: approved_usage = SSLServer intended_usage = SSLServer
ipa: DEBUG: cert valid True for "CN=ipa-server.internal,O=CO.MYCOMPANY"
ipa: DEBUG: handshake complete, peer = 192.168.10.6:443
<http://192.168.10.6:443>
ipa: DEBUG: Caught fault 4203 from server
http://ipa-server.internal/ipa/xml: Can't contact LDAP server: TLS error
-8172:Peer's certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the
user.
ipa: DEBUG: Destroyed connection context.xmlclient
ipa: ERROR: Can't contact LDAP server: TLS error -8172:Peer's
certificate issuer has been marked as not trusted by the user.

I am trying to work out which certificate is not trusted and how I
should make it trusted. Any help would be appreciated.

I suspect you're going to need to add the CA that issued your LDAP
server certificate to the IPA Apache NSS certificate database (where
our admin framework runs).

You'd add it something like this:

# certutil -A -d /etc/httpd/alias -n 'LDAP CA' -t CT,C,C -a <
/path/to/ca.crt

The -n 'LDAP CA' adds a nickname to the CA. There is nothing special
about this, it just needs to be unique. Use something meaningful to you.

Then restart the httpd service and try the migration again.

I don't know if we've tested using ldaps, so if my suggestion works
can you let us know?

IMO the migrate-ds command should have additional argument to point to
the cert file to use for connection.
Then the framework should get the cert and import it into the store itself.

Rob, do you agree that this would be a valid RFE?

Yup, certainly something that would make things easier.