On 11/14/2012 07:22 AM, Anthony Messina wrote:
On Wednesday, November 14, 2012 05:00:29 AM Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2012-11-13 at 21:53 -0600, Anthony Messina wrote:
1. Using automatic login with the lightdm display manager, I have it
run the
following script to remove any old Kerberos ccaches, then obtain a new
ticket
on behalf of the user, and set the appropriate permissions and
SELinux
context.  Note that in this case, I echo the password to kinit -- If
exported a keytab, I would not be able to manually login with a known
password
if there were a problem.

Just FYI, this is not strictly true, look at the -P, --password option
of ipa-getkeytab

Thanks.  I didn't notice that option since I'd been using this method since
before I started using IPA.

Is the password used to genterate a principle still usable after a keytab has
been exported?  I seem to remember from my pre-IPA days of using a plain old
standalone MIT KDC that I couldn't use the password to authenticate after they
keytab had been exported using kadmin.  Again, I never really investigated it,
but the password never seemed to work after the keytab was exported.
Kadmin from original MIT Kerberos has to flavors: kadmin and kadmin.local.

Only "kadmin.local" (which works locally on KDC) can export keytab without re-generating key (i.e. password).

Network version - "kadmin" - have to re-generate key before each export.

Simo can provide details about IPA get-keytab implementation.

--
Petr^2 Spacek