----- Original Message -----

It should be SID, not group/user name, that's by design, so there is nothing
broken in your setup.
Since normal groups in IPA LDAP are using referential membership and all these
trust users/groups do not exist in IPA LDAP as LDAP objects, we don't reference
them by names directly but rather store SIDs only.

MS-PAC structure in the kerberos ticket uses SIDs, and sssd consults IPA LDAP
server (and then winbindd on IPA server) for SID to name translation when
parsing MS-PAC.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy