I'm looking into migrating our 389ds ldap + kerberos to FreeIPA and I'm wondering how to setup DNS autodiscovery (if possible) in a way to point to different servers in different locations.

We have two major offices, one that uses the "nwra.com" dnsdomain and one that uses the "cora.nwra.com" dns subdomain. We're planning on using the NWRA.COM domain for IPA/kerberos. I'd like to have the hosts is the "cora" office use the local servers instead of the one at the main office. Is this possible? While I can have:

_ldap._tcp.cora.nwra.com. SRV 0 0 636 ipa.cora.nwra.com.

If I have:

_kerberos.cora.nwra.com. TXT "NWRA.COM"

it will then automatically look for:

_kerberos._udp.nwra.com. SRV

Which will hold the servers for the other office.

Any suggestions?

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702