On 01/09/2013 03:27 PM, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
i'm interested on patch
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/changeset/1eab43d29244f6e0b8d6f3146317624715d84af7/
so i can have user to be able to reset own password

do i manually edit each listed files or is there any specific step(s) needed?

These patches (in a form sent to freeipa-devel-list) are generated by using 'git format-patch' command and are supposed to be applied using 'git am' or 'git apply' command. They can be also applied on source codes using 'patch' utility.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3418277/how-to-apply-git-diff-patch-without-git-installed

If you work with our git repository the easiest way might be 'git cherry-pick'.

From your question isn't clear whether you want to patch source codes of some release (ie. 2.2) and then build a custom build or you want to modify already installed server. I suspect the latter.

In both cases you might run into a problem that the patch does not apply because it depends on some modifications done by some previous patch.

It seems that you want to add password reset functionality to FreeIPA 2.2. If that is the case you should also look at https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/attachment/ticket/2276/freeipa-mkosek-274-password-change-capability-for-form-based-auth.patch because this one adds the core functionality which the UI page uses. If you manage to incorporate Martin's patch, you should just use install/ui/reset_password.html and install/ui/reset_password.js and the modifications in install/ui/ipa.css from the changeset you linked. In any case I do not recommend to such modifications. They have high potential to break things.

HTH
--
Petr Vobornik