On 01/17/2013 05:45 PM, Brian Topping wrote:
> Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I looked through a few months
> of archives and the documentation and didn't find anything.
>
> What's the best OS to build a production FreeIPA instance on?  It seems like
> Fedora has more recent versions in their repositories (CentOS is still at
> 2.2.0), but I'd prefer to run CentOS as a general rule.
>
> Any quick rules of thumb that I can work from?
>
> thanks!  Brian

It depends on what level of support you expect and what functionality
you are looking for.
The first distro that gets the bits is Fedora then RHEL, then CentOS
with gap of several months each.
It is up to you to choose what is best for you and what risks you are
willing to take in your production environment.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.