Hey,

So if I remove the IPA Password Sync user from the Account Operators then
delete a user from IPA it won't replicate to Active Directory.
When I create a user on the Active Directory side it will replicate it to IPA.

So I started testing out the password sync to see if that will work but I am
not having any luck with it (even when our password sync user on the windows
side is added to Account Operators).

I think I know the issue but I am having trouble finding out the back end of
the IPA Directory structure.

In the /var/log/dirsrv/slapd****/errors file the last few lines say the follow.

Ipalockout_preop - [file ipa_lockout.c, line 527] Failed to retrieve entry
"uid=passsyncuser,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=ad,dc=ca" : 32

>From looking at that I assume the passsync user I created on the IPA side does
>not live under the sysaccounts CN.
So I guess what I'm looking for is the backend structure of how the users are
setup.
Does his entry in the backend of IPA actually look like this;

uid=passsyncuser,cn=users,dc=ipadomain,dc=ca

Thanks,

Matt