James James wrote:
I had to set the --dirsrv_pkcs12, --dirsrv_pin, --http_pkcs12,
--http_pin and the ipa-replica-prepare command runs without failure.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, this is what I was going to suggest. Using ipa-server-certinstall replace the IPA CA with an external one.

I should note that we're deprecating this tool and do not recommend that it be used. We instead suggest that if you need certificates from an external CA you get the IPA CA signed as a subordinate.

rob