Charlie Derwent wrote:
Hi
Whenever I attempt an unattended installation with a principal and
password. The installation fails.
I'm using the following syntax for my command
ipa-client-install --domain=example.com <http://example.com>
--server=ipa.example.com <http://ipa.example.com> --realm=EXAMPLE.COM
<http://EXAMPLE.COM> --principal=user --password=pass -U
--ntp-server=123.123.123.123 --mkhomedir --hostname=server1.example.com
<http://server1.example.com>
The error I get varies between (in order of frequency)
Joining realm failed: /usr/sbin/ipa-join: symbol lookup error:
/usr/sbin/ipa-join: undefined symbol: xmlrpc_server_info_set_user
and

This is the sort of thing that if you saw once, you should see every time. What version of xmlrpc-c-client is installed?

kinit(v5): Password incorrect while getting initial credentials
and
Password expired. you must change it now.
kinit(v5): Cannot read password while getting initial credentials
The password is 100% right as I can kinit on other servers and access
the webgui with the same details.
OTP's work flawlessly.

The KDC log might have more information.

ipa-client = tried with 2.1.3-1.el5 and 2.1.3-5.el5_9.2 (RHEL 5.8)
ipa-server = 2.2.0-16.el6  (RHEL 6.3)