On 02/15/2013 12:01 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

I've been trying to track down any bugs I may have filed without success, but
I'm pretty sure I tried at first adding a system user to LDAP groups and that
not working unless the system user was in LDAP.  This may have been before I
started using SSSD on the servers so I'll need to retest this.

This still appears to be the case. As soon as I removed the system user from our current ldap database, id now longer reported any other group memberships. This is with the default using "memberUid" for group membership. With the IPA schema of recording group membership with the full dn, it seems the user would have to be in the database to have a dn.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702