On 02/15/2013 07:23 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
> (I also note that "ipa-client-install" does not disable chronyd, but I've
> only tried the client install script on Fedora 16).

Hello Chuck,

I would just like to comment that we address chronyd/ntpd in FreeIPA in Fedora
18. We do check if chronyd is already installed and when you do
ipa-server-install, we warn user and disable it later so that we can deploy the
ntpd service.

When installing IPA on client and chronyd is configured, we let it configured
and do not deploy ntpd unless you use --force-ntpd flag.

Martin