Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:
We have all our servers in two domains, example.com and lab.example.com.
But unfortunately it seems IPA (ipa-server-2.2.0-17.el6_3.1.x86_64)
populates the automatic host netgroups in the example.com domain both for
hostname1.example.com and hostname2.lab.example.com. I.e.:

        (machinename.lab.example.com, -, example.com)

Where is it picking up the domain from?

This breaks all netgroup lookups for our lab-servers..

nisDomainName is defined in the dc=example,dc=com entry.

Currently only one nis domain is supported. It is probably possible to support multiple but it would require hacking on the nis schema compat configuration.