On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 09:02:13PM -0800, Brian Cook wrote:
> This fixed in.  That makes perfect sense, but nothing in the log made me
> think that this was the problem.
>
> There was an auth_to_local rule setup, which I saved, which did not work.  Is
> this a bug that we need to open a ticket for?  Seems like installer is
> putting an inadequate regular expression in the rule.

You only see related messages in /var/log/secure if you increase the
debug level of sshd.

The auth_to_local rule not added by the installer but has to be added
manually if you prefer this instead of using .k5login. The next major
release of MIT Kerberos will have a plugin interface for auth_to_local
which we plan to use. With this, the rules are not needed anymore.

HTH

bye,
Sumit