Digging a bit deeper, I found this in /var/log/pki-ca/catalina.out:

:
Could not connect to LDAP server host oldmaster.my.com port 7389 Error
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: failed to connect to server ldap://
oldmaster.my.com:7389 (91)
Feb 19, 2013 11:46:50 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina stopServer
SEVERE: Catalina.stop:
:
:

This certainly appears to be a problem, but everyone's authenticating
against oldmaster just fine. Thoughts, anyone?

*
*
*Bret Wortman*
<http://damascusgrp.com/>