On 03/01/2013 03:17 PM, KodaK wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM, John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 02/28/2013 05:34 PM, KodaK wrote:

BTW, why are you parsing diagnostic output?

I haven't actually started yet, I was just getting my bearings.

I was going to wrap the commands in some scripts so I can do things
like allow an auditor to view the results of an HBAC test without
being able to modify them.  Among other things.  Is there a way to
turn off the diagnostic messages?  They appear to be on by default.

INFO messages are output when the verbose flag is enabled
DEBUG messages are output when the debug flag is enabled

Those flags can either be set in a config file (/etc/ipa/default.conf or ~/.ipa/default.con) or via a command line argument.

If you haven't passed the verbose flag to the command then it must be set in one of the config files.

Petr Viktorin <pvikt...@redhat.com> recently cleaned up how messages are managed in the command line tools (I don't think this has made it out into a public release yet). So there may be changes coming you'll want to be aware of, perhaps Petr might fill us in on what's different.

I think we had some client tools that forced verbose to be enabled when it should have respected a command line option and/or config option. I think that's some of what Petr fixed.

--
John Dennis <jden...@redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/