On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:39:27PM +0600, Arthur Fayzullin wrote:
> HI!
> I have configured sssd_sudo integration on EL6.4 and it works nice!
> But then I've checked this:
> [afaizullin@domen00 ~]$ sudo package-cleanup --leaves
> [sudo] password for afaizullin:
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
> libertas-usb8388-firmware-5.110.22.p23-3.1.el6.noarch
> libhugetlbfs-utils-2.12-2.el6.x86_64
> libsss_sudo-1.9.2-82.4.el6_4.x86_64
> libtopology-0.3-7.el6.x86_64
> libunistring-0.9.3-5.el6.x86_64
>
> so if I or someone will activate yum "clean_requirements_on_remove"
> option, there is probability that libsss_sudo package will be
> removed as orphaned dependency.

Isn't think true in general for all plugin-like packages?

> That is why I think, that this package should be dependency to
> ipa-client package.

I'm actually wondering whether it would make sense to fold libsss_sudo
and libsss_autofs back to sssd proper. They are very small, so they
wouldn't increase the footprint of small systems and users are regularly
tripping over the requirement to install the dependencies separately.