From: freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:freeipa-users-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Dmitri Pal
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2013 11:56 AM
To: freeipa-users@redhat.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Freeipa-users] Active Directory --> IPA Password Sync

On 04/05/2013 10:52 AM, Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:
Hello,

I imagine this is a common issue/question when trying to implement the password
sync between AD and IPA.

We have two Windows 2003 domain controllers (for redundancy) so when a user
issues a password change on the Windows side there is no primary domain
controller that it will always use for password changes.
So right now IPA is only getting 50% of the Password changes that are done
through Windows due to password changes going through both domain controllers.
Looking through the documentation IPA will only allow a password sync agreement
between 1 AD and 1 IPA server.

Is there a solution for this issue? How are people getting around this?

One winsync agreement but passsync should be installed on both DCs.

Thanks,

Matt

Thank you,

Dmitri Pal