On 04/06/2013 08:49 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
On 04/06/2013 01:45 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
Hi,

I am having some issues with the new ipa-client-automount utility. It
complains that my nsswitch.conf is in an unknown format. Not sure what
format that is?

ipa-client-automount  --location=svg1 -U
Searching for IPA server...
IPA server: DNS discovery
Location: svg1
Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
Restoring configuration

  ipa-client-automount  --location=svg1 -U --debug
--------------------snip--------------------------
stderr=
args=keyctl pupdate 151012975
stdout=
stderr=
Backing up system configuration file '/etc/nsswitch.conf'
Saving Index File to '/var/lib/ipa-client/sysrestore/sysrestore.index'
Raised exception Syntax Error: Unknown line format
Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
Restoring configuration
Restoring system configuration file '/etc/nsswitch.conf'
args=/usr/sbin/selinuxenabled
stdout=
stderr=
Saving Index File to '/var/lib/ipa-client/sysrestore/sysrestore.index'

My nsswitch.conf file:
passwd:     files sss
group:      files sss
shadow:     files sss

hosts:      files dns
ipnodes:    files dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:   files sss
rpc:            db files
ethers:        files ldap
netmasks:       files
bootparams    files
I do not know whether it is the reason but this line misses a column
after "bootparams".

You are absolutely correct! It was a typo in there. :)

It's working just fine now.

Thanks.

Regards,
Siggi