No that syntax is correct.

# zfs create p00/test
# zfs set sharenfs='sec=krb5' p00/test

No errors on my system. But have you remembered to enable krb5 in /etc/nfssec.conf? It is not enabled by default.

You may read this thread I wrote a while back for how to make NexentaStor work with FreeIPA. It will be the same setup for openindiana:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2011-July/msg00033.html

Rgds,
Siggi