Willie Slepecki wrote:
Has anyone written a script to debug configuration and connection issues
with freeipa clients?  Something that can be tailored to a specific nix
flavor to say "yes, everything is right, change the permissions on this
file and add this line to this file and reboot"

Not easy to write I know but using something like python is completely
doable. I'm just curious if someone has already done it or not

Nobody has to my knowledge, that would be pretty awesome too.

I've found that python isn't all that universal on non-Linux boxen. Some of the newer Solaris include sometimes ancient versions (2.3 I think in Solaris 10, or what it 9?). So something like this might need a lot of conditional imports and be limited in the types of calls it can make.