Afternoon,

Got a question, I know FreeIPA does not allow anonymous binding so if one
need to create an account to query for such information. I did this during
the sudo setup.

I am trying to get git to use FreeIPA today and I trying to figure where
the bind user should be created under. This got to be a system account, so
I am not sure it should go under the normal user dn below. And even if I
created it as normal user, I am not sure it would have permission to
transverse the tree looking for the group user details

dn: uid=william,cn=users,cn= compat,dc=example,dc=com

Here is the script that interacts with FreeIPA, whats the best way to get
the script working with FreeIPA?

http://gitolite.googlecode.com/git-history/v2.0.2/contrib/ldap/ldap-query-example.pl

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,