On 05/28/2013 02:33 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
On Mon, May 27, 2013 13:28, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 05/27/2013 12:50 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:

Hi,

A while back I got some help writing a python script who extends the user
classes in ipalib to
run a custom command when a user is added/modified/deleted. This has been
working perfectly in
our production environment for a few years now, until I upgraded to IPA 3.0
last week. The
custom script is no longer executed.

Did the libraries change since 2.2?

Hello,
Yes, IPA did change, though not in the callback registration API. See
comment below.

The script sits in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/plugins/user-custom.py and looks
like:

#
# Extension to provide user-customizable script when a user id
added/modified/deleted
#

from ipapython import ipautil

# Extend add

from ipalib.plugins.user import user_add

def script_post_add_callback(inst, ldap, dn, attrs_list, *keys, **options):
inst.log.info('User
added') if 'ipa_user_script' in inst.api.env: try:
ipautil.run([inst.api.env.ipa_user_script,"add", dn]) except:
pass

First of all, you can add better logging so you can diagnose errors more
easily, e.g.:

try:
ipautil.run([inst.api.env.ipa_user_script,"add", dn]) except Exception, e:
inst.log.error("ipa_user_script: Exception: %s", e)

With this change, I can see the following line in the server log:

ipa: ERROR: ipa_user_script: Exception: sequence item 2: expected string
or Unicode, DN found

The error is due to DN refactoring
(https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1670). All DNs throughout IPA
are now represented by DN objects. To use them as strings you need to convert
them explicitly:

ipautil.run([inst.api.env.ipa_user_script, "add", str(dn)])

The same change is needed in the other three cases.
The modified code should still work under IPA 2.2.
Let me know if you're having more trouble.

[...]

Thank you.

I removed the user-custom.pyc, and moved the existing user-custom.py file to
/root and made the
changes in a new file, user-custom-v3.py. I then restarted httpd. However a
.pyc file is not
created, even after adding/removing/modifying a user.

The server runs under apache, it doesn't have permissions to create .pyc files in /usr/lib/.

And the command specified to run in ipa_user_script is not run.

Do you have a suggestions to what I might be doing wrong?

Do you get any messages in /var/log/httpd/error_log?

--
PetrĀ³