Rob,

        Sorry for the late response I tried the following

[root@etc]# certutil -M -d  /etc/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/ -n "Go Daddy Class 2
Certification Authority - ValiCert, Inc." -t CT,,
[root@etc]# certutil -M -d  /etc/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/ -n "Go Daddy Secure
Certification Authority - The Go Daddy Group, Inc." -t CT,,
[root@etc]# certutil -V -u V -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-EXAMPLE-COM/ -n MyIPA
certutil: certificate is valid

After this I tried to add a machine and got the same error:

[root@~]# ipa-client-install --domain=example.com --server=server.example.com
--realm=EXAMPLE.COM -p builduser -w "BLAH" -U
Hostname: server.example.com
Realm: EXAMPLE.COM
DNS Domain: example.com
IPA Server: server.example.com
BaseDN: dc=example,dc=com

Synchronizing time with KDC...
Joining realm failed: libcurl failed to execute the HTTP POST transaction.
Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates

Installation failed. Rolling back changes.
IPA client is not configured on this system.

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks,
John Moyer
Director, IT Operations