Guy Matz wrote:
Hello!  I am thinking about upgrading from 2.2 -> 3.0.0-26.el6_4.4 and
am wondering if there are any compelling reasons to do so.  I've looked
around for a changelog for 2.2 -> 3, but couldn't find anything . . .

You can find out what changed by looking at the upstream News page at http://www.freeipa.org/page/News . Each release has a changelog associated with it, though the highlights are probably what you'll want to focus on.

The 3.0.0 in 6.4 has some of the bug fixes from the 3.1.0 upstream release but none of the new features.